Skip to content
- Don’t make assumptions about each other’s backgrounds based on appearance.
- Be mindful of tone when speaking to people.
- Assume positive intent from each other & think in advance about your own comments.
- Ask questions before accusing.
- Don’t be afraid to be wrong or to not know something.
- On social media – frame disagreements as ideas (if you want to be polemical – wait 5 minutes before posting), be particularly careful about tone.
- Make “I think” statements, but not “You” statements generalizing groups.
- Look at each other and talk to each other (and not just to the Professor!)